Amazing Polly put together four different experiments that show how easily people can be conditioned into specific behaviour by their surrounding even if it goes against common sense, ethics or morals. Mostly even without any explanation.
- The waiting room experiment
- The conformity experiment (Asch experiment)
verywellmind | simplypsychology
- The elevator experiment, although brought as a candid camera joke
- The famous and alarming Milgram authority/obedience experiment. (wiki)
Milgram’s Experiments and the Perils of Obedience
Another alarming experiment that is not included is the famous Stanford Prison Experiment that showed how easily abuse of power takes over.
– The Stanford Prison Experiment – very well mind
– The Stanford Prison Experiment – simplypsychology
Somewhat related is the Five monkeys, bananas, a ladder and watering experiment.
– Five monkeys – how to create a mentality of 85% of the people that we call MASS ?
– THE MONKEY/STEPLADDER EXPERIMENT